Sunday, July 15, 2007

i love ray davies

I just discovered something that millions of people have known for years - that The Kinks are a motherfucking awesome rock 'n roll band. Of course I had heard OF them, and I knew a couple of their songs (Lola, You Really Got Me). I just never seriously listened to them before. I've been listening to this
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
all day and it is brilliant. The songs rock, and they're all smart and funny and sad and sweet.

And I just now went to youtube and found a video of Ray Davies and Damon Albarn singing "Waterloo Sunset". Be still my beating heart. I might have to make Ray my imaginary boyfriend.

2 comments:

ghost girl said...

the savage one will be happy. he loves the kinks!

ghost girl said...

the savage one will be happy. he loves the kinks!