Monday, July 16, 2007

read

I just finished reading this:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's a spy novel set in Europe (with a few New Mexico scenes thrown in) during World War II and 1970's England. I think it is the first spy novel I've ever read. The novel is a lot more than just cloak and dagger spy games.

People becoming other people. Never really being sure of who anyone really is. It took me right back to "The Lady With the Dog". This is the second novel that I've read by William Boyd. He writes great women characters. Ruth, in Restless is so interesting. I'd love to know what happens to her.

The spy stuff was fascinating. This was fiction, but some of the plot was based on things that really happened. The spies in the novel used journalism as their cover. Planting stories. Manipulating the news. Some things never change.

No comments: