Sunday, June 24, 2007

an outlaw love song? maybe...

There are bands that I've outgrown. And some that I haven't. Yet. Here's a list of my high school playlist updated. Well, it kind of boils over into early college.

First off and foremost let's just get the whole heavy metal hair band thing out of the way. Yeah, for whatever reason I used to listen to a lot of Motley Crue. And I wasn't even the target audience! I was a bookworm; a poetry reading sensitive little girl. Yet there it was. Currently, however --- NO.

Dinosaur Jr. --- Yes! J Mascis will always have a piece of my heart. Evidence -- I still have the completely scratched up cd of You're Living All Over Me that I snagged from the record-store dude in 1990 (Alexandria, Louisiana).

Social Distoration -- Yes! Ok, so their songs kind of all sound the same. But I'll still throw "Story of My Life" into the mix. Forever!

ALL -- Yes!
Descendants -- No!
So they're kinda the same band.... but not really. ALL still does it for me. D's seem very teenage boy-ish.

Pearl Jam -- No! Maybe they outgrew me... I just find them boring now. (maybe it's me)

Red Hot Chili Peppers -- Yes! Fight like a brave.... And I listened to Stadium Arcadium for days on end...

Cocteau Twins -- Yes, I will love them forever.

Sisters of Mercy -- Yes...laugh all you want; Andrew Eldrich = my dark prince (ha?)

Nine Inch Nails -- Hmmmm... NO!

This will have to Be Continued...

Oh, but Outlaw Lovesong is Social D!

Memories....

No comments: