Friday, June 22, 2007

plant lust

I've been searching high and low for this plant:



None of my local green houses have any. I completely fell in love with it when I saw it in my mom's garden. Plus, I kind of have an obsession with the purple-leaved plants. Not green! Purple! Anyway.

So I've been lacking my pretty little tradescantia. But now I'm seeing it everywhere. Everywhere except legal places to buy plants!!! Neighbor has it. Next-door-down-neighbor has it. Window-boxes downtown have it.

I'm thinking about a nice-to-meet-ya-neighbor-let's-swap-plants thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that you can actually very very easily grow one from just a small pinch of the plant from right above one of the split leaves. Just put it in soil with plenty of water. I did this as a school project about 10 years ago and my mom still has the plant and has had to trim it multiple times because it just thrived in her bay window.