Friday, January 25, 2008

darjeeling

Photobucket
I saw Wes Anderson's film The Darjeeling Limited last night(I know, it came out ages ago. I'm behind). The Vuitton suitcases pictured above were one of the stars.

It wasn't as funny as Bottlerocket (although Owen Wilson was playing Dignan again, it seemed). And it wasn't as pretty as The Royal Tenenbaums(close, though). But it made me want to take the train in India and it made me love Jason Schwartzman even more. He could have been a great silent movie actor. His face is so expressive and he has such control over his movement. More Keaton-ish than Chaplin. And evidence of my Schwartzman devotion - I bought all the Phantom Planet albums while he was in the band. Although I really didn't like the band. Glad he gave that gig up.

No comments: