Saturday, January 19, 2008

yellow

After seeing this
Photobucket
recently, I started obsessing over yellow dresses. Probably because I'm so jealous of people who can wear yellow dresses and look pretty. Yellow hates me. But I love it so. Anyway.

Here is my favorite yellow dress of all time:
Photobucket
Michelle Williams wore this to the Oscars when she was nominated for Brokeback Mountain. She didn't win. But the dress is fashion history.

And we have this beauty:
Photobucket
"Lady in Yellow Dress"
Painted by Max Kurzweil, 1899
Lovely, but where are her feet? I think it would be neat to have some black heels peeking out from the hem of the dress.

And this cute one:
Photobucket
I love the yellow shoes. I might could pull off yellow shoes.

Love the pale:
Photobucket
"Lady in Yellow", painted by Thomas Dewing.
If I wore this I would look like I had jaundice.

And from one of the prettiest movies ever filmed in color:
Photobucket
The always beautiful Catherine Deneuve in The Umbrellas Of Cherbourg (and I know she's wearing more of a coat-like garment, but we can pretend it's a dress).

And a little vintage advertising:
Photobucket
I totally dig the dress. But not Pepsi with dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pepsi one is kinda good with some southern comfort.
listen, one easter you had this yellow dress. it had a scoop neck and it was short and kinda fitted. it was a deep gold ochre. it was quite fabulous. i shall look for photos next time i go to the fortress. Also, it has been in the last 10 years. Do you remember? you wore the color well,i thought.

pathological optimist said...

aww, I just finished writing about yellow dresses and was google image searching and came across your post! Hooray for fellow yellow dress lovers ( and posters).